Customer Service Center
Beijing Travel Advisor
- Skype: topchinatravel
Send Your Enquiry
What articles are prohibited to carry on?
According to the Chinese Customs Regulations, tourists from foreign countries should pay attention to their articles carried in China.
Bringing in the following articles is prohibited:
- Arms, ammunition, and explosives of all kinds
- Radio transmitters-receivers and principal parts
- Reminbi (Chinese currency) in cash
- Manuscripts, printed matter, films, photographs, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and videotapes, etc. which are detrimental to China’s politics, economy, culture and ethics
- Poisonous drugs, habit-forming drugs, opium, morphine, heroin, etc.
- Animals, plants and products thereof infected with or carrying germs and insect pests
- Unsanitary foodstuffs and germ-carrying food-stuffs from infected areas
- Other articles the import of which is prohibited by state regulations
If tourists would like to take some gifts to their friends or relatives in China, those articles should be declared. Visitors can bring in an unlimited amount of foreign currency and Chinese reminbi traveler’s checks, and the unspent portion can be taken out.
And when you take the domestic flights in China from one city to another, you should also pay attention to the articles in you carried on.
Liquid articles should not be exceeded 1L with a careful checking process by opening the bottle. When taking a flight to Hong Kong, Macau and other international airlines, women's perfumes, skin-protect liquids, sprayers, and other cosmetics, men's shave foams, tooth pastes, liquid medicines for contact lens should all be checked. And if you would like to take your pets with you when travel in China, please inform us in advance so we can arrange.
Previous:What to Pack
Have a question? Ask us here